users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JMS MDB subscription to topic

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 09:47:26 PDT

Hi,

have a look at your server's Admin Console -> Resources -> JMS Resources -> Destination resources. That's where the topics and their relation to the MQ Server are defined. Check for both topics what the value of the "Name" Additional Property is because that's how the MQ server will call them. If both Topic resources point to the same topic in the MQ server you'll get the effect you describe.

> I have some strange effects in my application. I have
> two MDBs, one with 'mappedName = "jms/NewData"' and
> the other with 'mappedName = "jms/SourceTime"'. For
> testing purposes only (I'm just starting on JMS now)
> I send a message from a servlet to 'jms/SourceTime' (
> @Resource(name = "jms/SourceTime") private Topic
> sourceTime; @Resource(name =
> "jms/SourceTimeFactory")).
>
> The thing is that if I put breakpoints in both MDBs
> in OnMessage(), both breakpoints are activated,
> meaning that I receive the message in both topics. Is
> this ok?
[Message sent by forum member 'fvu' (fvu)]