users@glassfish.java.net

Re: TimerService rescheduling periodic timer

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 15:46:06 PDT

yes, I like it a non persistent timer. when the application is undeployed, it should shut off as well. I am doing some statistics measurements over some data,and I also need to be able to access EJB beans in my application.

I have looked at quartz, but it was too complicated and not EJB3 friendly.

Maybe I could do something within the timer, that if it is delayed (I dont know how that can be measured, but..) that does not execute its payload.

I also tried doing a background thread in a singleton instance. bad idea. application is undeployed, but thread is still alive.

Best
[Message sent by forum member 'segfault2007' (segfault2007)]