users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to deploy existing tomcat web application in Glassfish ?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 13:23:31 PDT

I moved forward by copying ALL the jar files needed by my application under domains/domain1/autodeploy/
Is there a way to avoid this (like I said before, my CLASSPATH was set correctly) ?

Now I get :

The one thing different is that before, the "root" user used to start Apache/Tomcat and here I'm starting Glassfish using a dedicated Glassfish user. I'm wondering if this is a permissions issue as the context dir owner is root.

Are there any downsides to running Glassfish as root ?

TIA.
[Message sent by forum member 'fishglass' (fishglass)]