users@glassfish.java.net

How to deploy existing tomcat web application in Glassfish ?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:23:44 PDT

I have an existing web application (comprised of mainly servlets and some JSPs). I do not have a WAR file for the app just the context root containing a WEB-INF directory (with the Tomcat web.xml) and all the other js, html & css files.

Here's how I tried to deploy this app using Glassfish admin console.

In the "Deploy Enterprise Applications/Modules" screen :
- set Type to WAR (even though I do not have a WAR file)
- Location was local directory (current Tomcat context root /productname/webapps)
- Application Name (productname)
- Context Root was set to / (not sure abt this)
- Status was Enabled.

Is this correct ?

However when I deploy this app and try to access it, I get a HTTP 500 - Internal server error in my browser.

In my Glassfish Web admin tool, I can see (under Applications -> Web Applications) that the Sub components were recognized (from web.xml). Is the problem because my base directory (/productname/webapps) is different from /opt/glassfish/domains/domain1/config ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
[Message sent by forum member 'fishglass' (fishglass)]