users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Same entity deployed in multiple ears in same jvm

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 19:49:18 PDT

Hi Mitesh, I've been able to verify the classloader is working as it should. One application cannot see any classes from the other application at any level (web, ejb or from within the app lib itself) as expected. Can you point me to the location in the Toplink Essentials code where you saw the class loader logic. I would like to know where to start investigating this problem when I examine the source and start stepping though it.

Yes I know this is probably a waste of time but something does not seem right here. I have been searching the web for a few days and no one else seems to be encountering this or are just living with the limitation that these types of applications can only be deployed in separate jvm's because of the overlapping entities. I've tried everything I can think of to get around this problem but have not had any success. My only option is living with the limitation and only deploying the application I am currently working on.

Thanks for any pointers you (or anyone else) can give.

Sean
[Message sent by forum member 'redmondcs' (redmondcs)]