users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JPA: speed vs JDBC

From: Markus KARG <markus.karg_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 20:25:10 +0200

This is like comparing apples and bananas. The performance is completely
dependent on what you want to achieve and what actual providers you are
using. You should decide for a technology on a design or architecture
level. If you really want to decide on a performance level, you have not
understood what both are good for. Both are neither competitive, nor
comparable. Besides that: Yes, I have performance benchmark results. But
I will not post them as they solely are taylored around my very own use
cases, so they are no good for you at all.

You should post what you want to do, and then we can give you tips what
would be the better / faster / less-footprint technology for you.

Regards
Markus