users@glassfish.java.net

Re: AS 8.1 HADB Question

From: Larry White <Larry.White_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 08:46:00 -0700

Hi scottmask:

Assuming that you are relying on HADB for conversational state persistence,
such as http session state, then, yes you would lose all your backed up
sessions. This would mean that your server(s) would now be running in
a non highly available state and any failure of an instance would no longer
result in a successful failover.

You haven't really described what you mean by "clear the hadb database".
But whether its deleting all the data from the hadb tables or something
more drastic like dropping the tables, etc. the above result would occur.

Perhaps you could tell us why you wish to do this and under what conditions?

hope this helps