users@glassfish.java.net

check if session is new

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 11:38:16 PDT

hello,

I need some functionality in my application so that if I can query some data and show it to user after the user comes to a certain page. data is fetched tru json, so if the user navigates to a different page in my system and returns the dom tree is refreshed, so there is no data.

I need some functionality where upon returning to page, I check if the session is new (and I am not sure if session.isNew() would work here) I query the database and get the data and put it in the jsp. I was thinkinking to associate the JSESSION_ID cookie with the session if possible.

any ideas?

Best.
[Message sent by forum member 'segfault2007' (segfault2007)]