users@glassfish.java.net

Custom Log Monitoring

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 10:14:38 PDT

Hi,

Is there anywhere I can read up on how to monitor the glassfish logs (server + access), filter them and do something with the results? I would prefer to write this in java if possible as part of our application to integrate with SMS alerts/email notifications etc when errors occur.

The following are the types of monitoring I would like to perform:
monitor access.log for 404: send a text msg to admin
monitor server.log for exception: send an email to admin

Thanks,
Joe
[Message sent by forum member 'profiler' (profiler)]