users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Custom Realms on Glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 11:37:15 PDT

Kumar,
Thanks for taking the time to describe the details.

I can live with the Weblogic mechanism because I can use Reflection to return the weblogic.security.principal.WLSUserImpl

Based on your response. If I just implement the getGroupNames method in my JAAS impl class will I be able to get Glassfish to accept my custom realm even if it does not extend from com.sun.appserv.security.AppservPasswordLoginModule class

But I suspect that will not work because GF is trying to cast my custom Realm impl to verify if its extending from the custom Glassfish class and thus my JAAS based generic realm impl fails on glassfish.

thanks,
_raju
[Message sent by forum member 'uppalapati' (uppalapati)]