users@glassfish.java.net

Table schema updates in JPA

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 09:36:35 PDT

Hello folks,

  We are developing a commercial desktop application for which we have decided to use JPA as the ORM mapping tool. This is the first time I'm using an ORM tool.

 I understand that it is all OK when we are starting the application from scratch. But after the first release, if we are required to change a table's schema, by say adding or deleting a table column, how do we handle that through JPA?

I came across one such topic here:
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/fabriziogiudici/archive/2008/05/simple_database.html

But he doesn't give the implementation there.

Can someone please throw some light?

Thanks much,
Sandeep
[Message sent by forum member 'sandeepspatil123' (sandeepspatil123)]