users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Installing Glassfish on Linux

From: Kristian Rink <kawazu_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 13:47:51 +0200

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org schrieb:
> i did java -version in the two folds!
> one from root and one from /usr/java/jdk1.6.0_06/bin/ and got the same results.
[...]
> java version "1.7.0"
> IcedTea Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0-b21)
> IcedTea Client VM (build 1.7.0-b21, mixed mode)
>
> Pretty confused cos i have done something like this
[...]

Same here. :) Is there anything else asides the jdk1.6.0_06 in
/usr/java/? I know that Fedora Core does ship with the IcedTea Java
implementation by default however why to "camouflage" a 1.7.0 build as
an 1.6.0_06 JDK implementation so far is beyond my understanding. Last
shot possibly would be to

- download an "official" Sun 1.6 JDK off java.sun.com,

- install this in a reasonable place (/opt/jdk1.6.0_06),

- set things right to make this found first in any possible case

  export JAVA_HOME=/opt/jdk1.6.0_06
  export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH

- unpack and setup glassfish, then, and try whether the domain starts
over fine.

For anything beyond this I am afraid I'm not that familiar with the
recent Fedora distributions anymore so, this being more an issue of the
Java configuration in Fedora Core 8 than a Glassfish related problem,
I'd possibly check back with the Fedora Java FAQ [1] and/or see whether
some Fedora newsgroup / mailing list closer to the Fedora distribution
itself can possibly be of more en-detail help on that. Sorry I can't be
of more specific help on that, good luck nevertheless... :)

Cheers,
Kristian

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JavaFAQ

--
Kristian Rink * http://zimmer428.net * http://flickr.com/photos/z428/
jab: kawazu_at_jabber.ccc.de * icq: 48874445 * fon: ++49 176 2447 2771 "One