users@glassfish.java.net

Anomaly changing web.xml on a directory deployed web app.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 15:03:55 PDT

I have a web app in a directory, that is deploy via the GUI console. Where it asks for a jar/directory name, I provide it with a directory.

Everything was working fine. I've never had a problem updating JSPs and having them work on the fly, or updating classes and restarting the app and having it work.

However, I have never had to actually redeploy the applications.

Then, I changed the web.xml. After restarting the server, I found my changes weren't being recognized. My new JSPs were and other resources, but not my web.xml changes.

Do I need to redeploy the web app after a web.xml change? Is that information cached somewhere? I'd rather not have to do that step if it's not necessary.

Just looking for some clarification on how web.xml is used in this case.
[Message sent by forum member 'whartung' (whartung)]