users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish SPI & SAM

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 14:37:45 PDT

Hello,

I'm just trying out to write my own login module using SPI and I have a basic question for what I am trying to do. Similar to the subscription of java.net, I'd like the user to sign up, then he gets a confirmation mail with an activation link inside. The user needs to click on the link, so the account gets activated. I'm using JAAS with a JDBC realm and form login(https) and so far everything works fine. However, I'd like to check, if the user has also an activated account or not. Later I'd like to check other attributes of that user account (if the account is blocked, too many login attemps etc.)

So, the basic question is (it's more an architectural one): Do I have to write my own SAM or can I accomplish this task somehow else? Is there a "best practice" for this feature?

I'd appreciate your comments! Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Joerg
[Message sent by forum member 'gippertj' (gippertj)]