users@glassfish.java.net

ServerAuthModule and welcome-file

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 09:44:38 PDT

I have a custom JSR 196 ServerAuthModule that protects a JEE application. This module works fine except for when the welcome-file is concerned. The scenario is as follows:

- The user requests the context root "myapp" with no page or servlet name
- The ServerAuthModule checks for "isManditory" on the requestPolicy, which returns false (since the root of the webapp isn't secured for things like css and images).
- The welcome-file is set to "apps" which is a servlet that is protected
- The user is forwarded/redirected to myapp/apps and gets a 403 error because the SAM let them through

If i try to access myapp/apps directly, I get authenticated properly, but not in the case where the default welcome-file has to be used.

How can I fix this?

Any hints would be appreciated,
Jason
[Message sent by forum member 'vinsonizer' (vinsonizer)]