users@glassfish.java.net

Enabling Unicode for web app deployed on Sun Java System ApplicationServer8

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 22:50:19 PDT

Hi,
We have built an n-tier web application deployed on Sun Java System Application Server 8.2. In one of the web module we deployed an xml content which has multilingual strings. The XML content starting tag is as follows.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<localinfo>
<Item name="close" innertext="Multilingugal string available here"/>
</localinfo>

The deployment descriptor has the following entries.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE sun-web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Application Server 8.1 Servlet 2.4//EN" "http://www.sun.com/software/appserver/dtds/sun-web-app_2_4-1.dtd">
<sun-web-app>
<context-root>/admin</context-root>
<parameter-encoding default-charset="UTF-8" />
</sun-web-app>

While accessing the xml and reading the contents from IE Client, it is coming as junk characters in the client.

We would like to know is there any other parameters/settings to be done at Server Instance level or at application level using deployment descriptor to read the unicode contents.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Suresh
[Message sent by forum member 'suresh_m' (suresh_m)]