users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JTS5041: The resource manager is doing work outside a global transacti

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 16:09:01 PDT

We are using a combination of Hibernate and iBatis to perform our database access. We need Spring involve to be able to wire our applicaiton components together. Initially, I Spring was not managing our transactions, as I pointed out earlier in this thread. I was relying on the container to manage all of the transactions by specifying the @TransactionAttribute on all my EJB's. But that is what started this thread. All access into our application occurs via the EJB's. I had transactions started upon method invocation. But we were getting the exception on occasion:
[b]JTS5041: The resource manager is doing work outside a global transaction[/b]

Hibernate was configured to use the TransactionManager retrieved from JNDI. I know that my data sources were participating in the transaction because we have many stored procedures in our Sybase ASE database that will only execute in CHAINED MODE. If they are executed outside of a transaction we will get an exception. So I know that the data sources were participating. That being said, it still has not resolved my original issue.

On occasion we receive the error listed above. Sometime we even see an exception pertaining to our stored procedures not being executed inside of a transaction. So either the container is not consistently starting a transaction or something else is going on that is preventing the transaction from being started.
[Message sent by forum member 'cmathrusse' (cmathrusse)]