users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Migrating From jboss-4.2.1 to GlassFish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 14:12:17 PDT

.wsr file is a Web Services Archive file. It is a standard jar file with a META-INF/web-services.xml (a Axis standard descriptor). A .wsr file can't be deployed directly in GlassFish. I thought that .wsr file was supported in JBoss.NET (included in JBoss 3.x) and has entered in end of life. It has been replaced with JBossWS (included in JBoss 4.x) and supports portable J2EE/Java EE web services (JAX-RPC/JAX-WS). If so, then the migration path appears to be migrate to JAX-RPC or JAX-WS depending upon your application. Let me know your comments.

As for .sar files. While the prefix is the same, the .sar files are completely different in SailFin and JBoss. A .sar file in SailFin is used to package SIP applications but a .sar file in JBoss is a service archive ( a jar file with META-INF/jboss-service.xml) deployed using SARDeployer MBean. If have a service developed using a custom MBean on JBoss, then I suggest you look at the custom MBeans are developed and deployed on GlassFish (it does not use .sar archive files) - see http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-3672/gbdzi?a=view . If your custom MBean is tied to JBoss appserver, then you will need to remove that dependency.
[Message sent by forum member 'sekhar' (sekhar)]