users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problems with glassfish v3 tp2

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 09:25:25 PDT

> Thanks for the report about these issues and work-arounds.
Always glad to help.

> 0. How did you get v3 tp 2? Did you use the 'Download V3 Now' button?

I used the "Add Server" Dialog in NetBeans, which downloaded and installed glassfish.

> Which line was that? Was there a message that pointed to that line as the possible cause? What was it?

It looks like the installation has overridden the updatetool.bat so I can't tell you the exact line, but it was something like: if %use_proxy% echo proxy.url = %proxy_url% >> %BOOTSTRAPPROPS%. The error message (only viewable if you ran the bat from a cmd) suggested that echo was used in a wrong way. I just inserted some echo's myself to see which lines where reached and thus found this line. Since I don't use a proxy I just deleted the line an it works.

> Task manager would do the trick...

That' s what I used in the end.
[Message sent by forum member 'wierob' (wierob)]