users@glassfish.java.net

Accessing EJBs in a clustered environment

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 17:51:44 PDT

Hello,

How do you access EJBs deployed on a cluster of server instances from a Servlet running within a Servlet Container somewhere on the network in a load balanced way.

I know the App Client Container can be used for stand alone Java programs but I am not sure if it works from within a Servlet.

Also, I want the load balancing engine to be running on the application server side (where the EJBs are hosted) as against the client side.

Just to summarize my requirements:

-- access EJB over JNDI from a Servlet (not on the GF app server)
-- with load balancing

Solutions tried so far:

-- App Client Container - works for stand alone case, don't know how to make it work within a servlet
-- Cannot use HTTP load balancer - I need JNDI access to the beans

Does GF offer any solutions for this?

Thanks,

Shreyas
[Message sent by forum member 'sshinde2' (sshinde2)]