users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Can't deserialize enum

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 12:46:49 PDT

I fixed Enum serialization over RMI-IIOP in GFv2/AS 9.1, but that ONLY applies to the
app server, not to the JDK ORBs. If you are using an app client or
standalone client that is using the appserv-rt.jar ORB, your enums should
work fine, but not if you are using the JDK ORB on the client side.
We've been discussing the JDK issue internally for a while now, but I'm not sure
when the JDK issues will be resolved.

Sorry about the URL for the OMG issue; the correct URL is

http://www.omg.org/issues/issue10336.txt

It also appears that I should run my tests with the latest JDK 5;
I've been testing with either 1.5.0_13 or 1.6.0_02. I'll install more recent
JDKs and try that next week.
[Message sent by forum member 'kcavanaugh' (kcavanaugh)]