users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Can´t launch GlassFish Application Client from behind a router

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 10:38:33 PDT

Early in the log output, the ACC reports the IIOP endpoint it will use as 125.164.10.201:3700. That is because the JNLP document includes the setting for the two IIOP-related properties.

Once the client-side ORB first contacts that server-side ORB, the ORBs exchange information including network information. It's possible that this information is using the local LAN address instead of the WAN address.

What I'm a little puzzled about is that the initial address - 125.164.10.201 - comes from server-side ORB-related logic.

Let me ping the ORB team again about this and see if they can shed some light on what might be happening.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]