users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Unable to access JCA connector deployed in same ear

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 09:38:37 PDT

Hi Sahoo,

thanks for your immediate response, yet I'm afraid the cause of my problems sits right on my shoulders. I tried your suggestion, assuming that an ear's standard library directory is just its root, is that correct? Alas, this gives me the exact same error.

Maybe I should rephrase my question: If I were to deploy a custom JCA connector, say connector.rar, exporting custom Connection and ConnectionFactory classes and a war, say client.war, using that custom JCA connector as sub modules within the same ear, say app.ear, what do I have to do to make this scenario work on GlassFish v2? To be more specific:

(1) Where do I put connector-api.jar, the jar containing the custom connector's api classes that need to be visible to clients? (I put it in app.ear/META-INF/lib or app.ear/, at your suggestion)
(2) Do I have to reference this connector-api.jar in app.ear's manifest Class-Path entry? (I did that)
(3) Do I have to declare a reference to connector-api.jar in client.war's manifest Class-Path entry? If yes, how? (./../META-INF/lib/connector-api.jar seems wrong)
(4) How do I reference this custom connector's ConnectionFactory - say custom.connector.ConnectionFactory - in client.war's web.xml?
(5) Should res-ref-scope be "Shareable" or "Unshareable"?
(6) What goes inside sun-web.xml?
(7) If you were to diagnose the problem I have, what would you do? Is there some promising log level to activate? Some other kind of helpful information?

Alternatively, if someone could point me to a project freely available somewhere on the internet that does what I'm trying to achieve, I will try to learn by example.

Cheers,
Olaf
[Message sent by forum member 'obergner' (obergner)]