users@glassfish.java.net

Please help - GlassFish is running stable

From: Ryan de Laplante <ryan_at_ijws.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 14:11:28 -0400

I don't have anything to complain about anymore :) We've been running
without having to restart for over a month now. In our case, replacing
Microsoft's JDBC driver with the jTDS driver stopped the frequent
(sometimes daily) lockups.

Today I checked the NP Pool count on the java.exe process. It was at
364K which is pretty low compared to what I've seen before. It was
normal to see 450K, 700K, 900K, 1400K, 2000K, 2800K etc. If Sun would
like to help Microsoft reproduce the NP Pool leak on Windows 2003
server, I recommend they use Microsoft's JDBC driver :) I may have been
using the 1.0 version for MSSQL 2005 Server. It's difficult to tell
from the .jar file.

Ryan