users@glassfish.java.net

Subversion (SVN) using Glassfish?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 19:28:17 PDT

Hi.

I am new to using Glassfish, so please pardon how basic a question this must be.

I am planning to install Subversion (SVN) on a Windows machine that already has Glassfish installed. The standard way of providing SVN over HTTP involves using the Apache 2.2.9 web server. (See: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.serverconfig.choosing.html and http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.serverconfig.httpd.html) But since I have Glassfish, I am wondering if it is possible to use that server instead.

Does anyone know if this is feasible? Has anyone successfully done this already? If so, can you suggest what the necessary steps would be?

If it is not feasible, will I get myself into any trouble by having both Apache and Glassfish running on the same machine?

Thanks for any advice.
[Message sent by forum member 'rbarbalace' (rbarbalace)]