users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to use JTA in Container-Managed Transaction

From: Zhang JiHui <zhangjh_at_cn.fujitsu.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 10:06:34 +0900

Hello cheng,

Thank you very much for your answer.
I couldn't find this information in the guild and internet.

I wonder why glassfish set JTA as default transaction.
I think JTA is not necessary for most users, and the JTA
uses the XADatasource which not all database supported.

Thanks,
 henrry_china

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>> I want to kown the transaction type used by the Container-Managed
>>> transaction, is it JTA?
>>>

> Yes.
>
> Applications with CMT are not allowed to use UserTransaction, since the transaction is managed by the container. However, such apps can use EJBContext.setRollbackOnly, getRollbackOnly, and SessionSynchronization interface to augment container-managed transaction.
>
> -cheng
> [Message sent by forum member 'cf126330' (cf126330)]

Zhang Jihui
Development Dept.I
Nanjing Fujitsu Nanda Software Tech. Co., Ltd.(FNST)
8/F., Civil Defense Building, No.189 Guangzhou Road,
Nanjing, 210029, China
Postcode: 210024
TEL:+86+25-86630566-918
FUJITSU INTERNAL:79955-918