users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish Monitored task

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 13:03:04 PDT

Hello,
I am new to glassfish so excuse me if this is a stupid question.

I want to make a process which connects over a socket to a client and receives information from it and stores it in a database.

Not sure if this even applies to what glassfish was designed for but..

I was wondering if there was a way to have glassfish monitor this task, such that if something happens like the process becomes inactive, throws an exception, or is taking up excessive memory, glassfish will restart the task automatically?

Thanks for any advice!
[Message sent by forum member 'cyberoblivion' (cyberoblivion)]