users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem with GF and SSL: IE accepts certificate but Firefox doesn't

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 23:48:31 PDT

I don't get an exception. I get the popup message in Firefox: "Website Certified by an Unknown Authority".
As I posted, in IE I don't get this popup. Attached are screen shots of the certification path in IE and Firefox. As you can see, In Firefox my domain (secure.abmaps.com) is in the top level (there are no Verisign intermediate certificates in the path).
I couldn't find any specific instructions in the Verisign web site on how to install the intermediate certificate in glassfish.

For a BEA Webolgic server I saw that the command is:
C:\bea\jdk\bin\ keytool -import -alias rootca -keystore <your_keystore_filename> -trustcacerts -file intermediateCA.cer

Should I run the same command in glassfish?
What alias value should I give for the intermediate certificate?
Can you please post the keytool command for importing the Verisign intermediate certificate into glassfish.

Thanks,
Asaf
[Message sent by forum member 'asafb' (asafb)]