users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Number of requests per second taken care by glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 07:45:36 PDT

> What I suspect is the WAP protocol (and the client) send the minimal bytes over the wire (which isn't including the parameters)

Extend my performance logger with url data and it confirmed that.
The long running request are mostly WAP POST request, so probably post params will be send later if the are invoked by getParameter.

> The default time out (30 seconds) is just fine for WAP I'm pretty sure.

Not shure about that, does above not mean:
1. An GlassFish thread, which does the communication with the WAP-Client, will be closed even if the request is not processed totally?
2. If there are lot of WAP-Requests, then there are also many GlassFish threads opend and waiting. Should i increase some max thread value to have always possible free?
[Message sent by forum member 'hammoud' (hammoud)]