users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish JSTL implementation object releasing problem ?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 10:12:48 PDT

it came to me too that a call to <c:set ...> (with the same set of attributes defined) could clear the value, but i wasn't sure it was 100% correct, since the TagHandlerPool contains not just one of tag instance and i wasn't sure that by trying to "clear" the tag, the precise tag needed to be cleared would be used for this purpose by the pool (could be any other from the pool IMHO).

The <c:set /> tag was just an example, using <c:forEach> is the same IMHO etc.

What we're doing in our app is that we are generating a html-like table code that is to be opened with microsoft excel. We are feeding the jsp page with a Result instance created by ResultSupport.toResult() call (which is not a good thing, i know....) and this has worked so far.
I guess we should consider using a library that is capable of generating binary excel formats to be served to clients.

Anyway thanks for the hints, at least I got to know the inner working of jsps a bit and will add thigns learned to a list od bad habits and things not to do in java developoment :)
[Message sent by forum member 'kolmis' (kolmis)]