users@glassfish.java.net

Re: web start java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError for javax.xml.ws.Service

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 10:33:58 PDT

An interesting thought, Tim. I had been running the client on the same machine
as the server. So, I tried browsers on a number (three) of other machines (none of which
have webservices-rt.jar installed) and the application works! However, I'm still getting
this NoClassDefFoundError when I use my browser on the same machine as the server.
So...I removed the webservices*.jar files from my jdk and the application works!
The class definition is apparently being satisfied by
com/sun/xml/internal/org/jvnet/staxex/XMLStreamReaderEx.class in rt.jar and
webservices-rt.jar was getting in the way.

I think I made a mistake installing the webservices*jar files into my jdk;
I was likely following some old Metro instructions which no longer apply for JavaSE6.
cf. https://jax-ws.dev.java.net/guide/Using_JAX_WS_2_1_with_JavaSE6.html

Thanks.
[Message sent by forum member 'kresko' (kresko)]