users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish JSTL implementation object releasing problem ?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 09:57:17 PDT

Could someone enlighten me on when exaclty the [b]release()[/b] method on a jsp tag is guarantueed to be called ? It doesn't seem to be called after a page load is finished as I would expected by reading in the JSP specs:
[i]"Once all invocations on the tag handler are completed, the release method is invoked on it."[/i]

Hence, in the example of the JSTL set tag, an instance of SetTag keeps a reference to the object provided in the value attribute even after the page has been served to the client.
[Message sent by forum member 'kolmis' (kolmis)]