users@glassfish.java.net

Duplicate deployment

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 14:37:46 PDT

I've got two projects on NetBeans: an EJB Module and a Web Application. The web app has dependancy with the ejb module that is imported as library by adding project. When they are bundled together into an Enterprise Application project and deploy the enterprise app, it works well. But now I want the ejb module to be shared by some other web applications. So I deployed the ejb module and the web app separately, I got exception that:

Jndi name conflict found in [XXX]. Jndi name [XXX] for bean [XXX] is already in use. javax.naming.NameAlreadyBoundException: Use rebind to override

The strange thing is: When I did the deployments locally--Glassfish and NetBeans installed on the same pc, no problem at all. But when I deployed them to a remote glassfish server, the problem occurred. It seems that the ebj module is deployed again with the web app as it is a dependent lib. The deployments are done by NetBeans "Undeploy and Deploy" menu. Please advise how to solve it.
[Message sent by forum member 'xtia004' (xtia004)]