users@glassfish.java.net

Problem starting Glassfish v2ur2

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 01:36:22 PDT

Hi

I have installed glassfish with a netbeans bundle, started the application server and deployed a application. Everything just fine. The next day I tried to start the server I run into problems.

I am running on WindowsXP Pro.

The server gets up to the point where : Initialization of AMX MBeans started.

The first error in to log is:

com.sun.appserv.server.ServerLifecycleException: Cannot bind to URL [rmi://ANDRE:8686/management/rmi-jmx-connector]: javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection establishment; nested exception is:
        java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out];_RequestID=1606e64c-93bd-41fa-a10c-ce393de52964;|Service com.sun.enterprise.admin.server.core.JmxConnectorLifecycle_at_1dc6a9d cannot be started! : com.sun.appserv.server.ServerLifecycleException: Cannot bind to URL [rmi://ANDRE:8686/management/rmi-jmx-connector]: javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection establishment; nested exception is:
        java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out]|#]

My firewall does not block port 8686 nor does my virus protection.

I have reinstalled glassfish and restarted my machine.

The error persists.

Please help.
[Message sent by forum member 'hendrel' (hendrel)]