users@glassfish.java.net

Mechanism OF Server Instance Restart?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 00:58:48 PDT

Hi Glassfish Dev Team:

  My post is about "Mechanism OF Server Instance Restart".
  I want to know how the Server Instance can be notified of needing to restart itself?

  According to my opinion, using RMI, AdminChanel plays an import role in the functionality.Each time the server instance started, an rmi client file(.adm) containing the properties's serialized states was created. Then, when the property was changed, the content in the client file will be readed in order to compare with the current states.

  I wish that someone could provide useful info or document to help me understand deeply.

  Thanks!
[Message sent by forum member 'codeprince' (codeprince)]