users@glassfish.java.net

Re: appservAgentService.exe not functional on Windows 2003

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 16:29:02 PDT

First of all, AppservService.exe is totally generic. I believe appservAgentService is, literally, a copy of AppservService.exe that iwas renamed.

I wrote a blog about using appservService to automatically start a JavaDB Database. It works fine showing that it really is generic:

http://blogs.sun.com/foo/entry/how_to_start_javadb_derby

First steps --
1) Thoroughly test out the commands you are giving to the service at the command line --

e.g.
C:\Sun\Appserver\bin\asadmin.bat start-node-agent --user admin --passwordfile C:\Sun\Appserver\bin\password.txt your-node-agent-name

Remember that the Service is not *you*. The service-user has to be able to access that password file.

try using appservService for starting the Node Agent instead of appserveAgentService
[Message sent by forum member 'bnevins' (bnevins)]