users@glassfish.java.net

Re: appservAgentService.exe not functional on Windows 2003

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 13:08:42 PDT

I have copy and pasted your exact syntax here, replacing only Sun\AppServer with glassfish and <HOSTNAME> with the name of the nodeagent (nodeagent1) and I still get the 1053 message about the service taking too long to start.

There is no server.log generated for the agent, as it never even gets that far. All I get are two process, appservAgentService.exe and a java.exe running in the task manager. Both I have to manually kill off.

If I put the hostname where <HOSTNAME> is, the service starts, but only appservAgentService.exe shows up in the task manager, no java.exe and the admin console shows the nodeagent as stopped.

Just out of curiosity are you doing this on Windows 2003 server?

Thanks for trying on your end. I'd really like to figure out if there is something conflicting with the appservAgentService.exe and my environment.

Does anyone know if I could just use the javaservice wrapper from ObjectWeb as it works fine for all of our jboss / tomcat installations? Or is there specific support needed for glassfish thats provided in appservAgentService.exe ?

Thanks,

Andrew
[Message sent by forum member 'areplogle' (areplogle)]