users@glassfish.java.net

Need help with asadmin change-master-password

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 19:47:42 PDT

I am using GF v2ur2 on Linux with Java 1.6.0_03-b05. Trying to get asadmin change-master-password to work. It works on a clean installation of GF, but not with my existing installation. I get the following error message when running asadmin change-master-password:

Password entered is invalid
CLI137 Command change-master-password failed.

In this GF installation, I had previously modified the keystore.jks and cacerts.jks store password and key password for key "s1as" using keytool. I did this before reading the docs about master passwords -- sorry. Anyway, I used keytool to return the passwords to their original values, "changeit", and still I cannot get asadmin change-master-password to work.

I'm doing this as a test case...what I really want to get working is to use asupgrade to upgrade from a GF v2rc8 installation to the current released version (to take advantage of a fix for a bug that has been hampering my system for quite some time). I have been unable to get asupgrade to work because of password problems on that system, but if I can figure out how to get it working in this test case, I think I will be able to get it to work there as well.

Please, I could really use some help on this. Thanks very much.
[Message sent by forum member 'rickhoro' (rickhoro)]