users@glassfish.java.net

MDB question

From: Drinkwater, GJ \(Glen\) <"Drinkwater,>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 15:26:26 +0100

Hi

Can I ask about when an MDBs are queued and executed. I have a test
SLSB that calls a MDB that just prints out some text. Just doing some
testing with the SLSB method I have found out that the MDB is only
queued and executed after the method that called the MDB is finished, ie
doing any thread sleep or MessageConsumer.receive(secs); within the SLSB
method after calling the MDB only delays the queuing and execution of
the MDB.

Is this the correct behaviour of MBDs in glassfish? If so, how is it
possible to create a Request/Response JMS solution using setJMSReplyTo??

Thanks Glen