users@glassfish.java.net

RE: why my glassfish server V2 is cosumming to much memory

From: Wim V <wim_at_pizzastop.be>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 15:36:30 +0200

Hi,

It is normal the jvm will reserve an amount of extended memory when you
start it. You probably use -Xmx256m in your jvm-toptions (or 512). You can
try changing this value, but I would surely not recommend putting anything
less then 256 there for glassfish, as you could run into heap size problems
with your own applications (the default is 512). If you want to use opensso,
you even need to set this value to 1024.
( see
http://download.java.net/general/opensso/stable/openssov1-build4/B4-ReleaseN
otes.html )
Also, in a production environment, I would advise to put at least 1024 meg
of extra ram in your server. (to avoid the expensive context swaps you will
be having)

wim