users@glassfish.java.net

Transitioning from the free version to the Enterprise version

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 16:04:53 PDT

I am actually looking for the mechanics.

My question is about whether we can do something like this: Create a Free GlassFish server with applications then if/when we decide we need to, simply pay for the subscription and maybe get some license key or file that tells the app server it's enterprise edition? Or is it that when we pay for the subscription, we get a whole new installation file where we'd have to 're-install' the app server in order to be on Enterprise edition?

Basically, do you have to decide up front or can you switch later without a re-install.
[Message sent by forum member 'mwitters' (mwitters)]