users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Fatal Error from EJB Compiler

From: Wim V <wim_at_pizzastop.be>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 20:55:23 +0200

Hi,

Is is possible the JDBC datasources this app needs, are not correctly
configured in the persistence.xml? I think I've seen something like this a
while ago, but I'm not sure.

I tried configuring a JDBC datasource in persistence.xml using the jdbc/
prefix. But this prefix is appended automatically by glassgish (so it seems)
So you just need to put the name of the datasource there.

What you DO need to, however, is specify the JDNI name for the database in
the glassfish admin console as jdbc/[DATASOURCE_NAME]

Also, depending on the database you're using, I think this error can occur
if you're missing some required additional properties. (f.e. on sql server
you would have to add SelectMethod=cursor, or it won't work)

Hope this will help,

Wim V