users@glassfish.java.net

No managed session attribute.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 15:34:10 PDT

Apparently my glassfish v2ur1 setup is flawed because I am NOT able to save and retrieve a Session Attribute.

To test this I have a simple test.jsp that only outputs the calls to session.isNew() and session.getAttribute("test"). No matter how many times I hit this page in the same IE session it always returns true and null respectively.

Since the last thing that test.jsp does is session.setAttribute("test", "testval") then the 2nd, 3rd, etc hit should be returning false and testval respectively. What setup affects this behavior? I assumed the default web-container behavior would have allowed attributes to be saved for the life of the session. Perhaps the life of the session is 0, where is that setup?

Regards,
James
[Message sent by forum member 'jameshr' (jameshr)]