users@glassfish.java.net

Re: asadmin doesn't show all instances

From: Sankar Neelakandan <Sankar.Neelakandan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 15:03:47 -0700

install/bin/asadmin reads the port numbers from
install/config/asadminenv.conf file and tries to connect to the DAS with
whatever the AS_ADMIN_PORT= pointd to in the asadminenv.conf file.

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> That's it! Thank you.
>
> I don't know if I like that or not. list-domains
list-domains is a local command which lists all the domains residing in
the install/domains location by default. It doesn't have to connect to a
particular DAS inorder to show the domain's status.
> and list-nodeagents are able to find the what they are looking for but list-instances
whereas list-node-agents and list-instances are remote commands which
needs to know in which port DAS is listening inorder to show the
instances/nodeagents a domain contains.
> is not able too without a little help. I guess if both domains have the same instance it might get confusing.

Since the DAS's are running in 2 different ports the list-instances
command will lists the instances of a particular DAS whatever it is
connecting to at a time.