users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish V2 UR2 HTTP-Listener Stops listening to HTTP Requests

From: Ryan de Laplante <ryan_at_ijws.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 09:16:08 -0400

Ok good luck with that. I would be interested in knowing if the problem
is permanently fixed by switching to Tomcat.

Regarding the ticket, I can understand what they are saying. There are
different reasons that cause the app server to lock up. They would like
to track each of them separately since it is possible they are each
caused by different bugs. The current ticket should probably be
reworded to "App server locks up when DB server is under excessive
loads" or something more specific to my problem.

Last night I got an email alert from our app that monitors GlassFish.
It seemed to lock up again for a few minutes, but this time I decided to
leave it. After a short while it came back to live and many new
transactions completed successfully. I checked the logs and it appears
that the jTDS driver is much better at handling "connection reset",
"connection lost", and "unable to login" type errors. I didn't see
the exact message we saw before though, so I'm going to still wait a
while longer before closing my ticket with Sun. This is the first time
GlassFish came back to life automatically though which is encouraging.

Ryan