users@glassfish.java.net

Advice on comet technology

From: Bjarki Bjorgulfsson <bb72_at_kent.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 17:36:16 +0100

Greetings everyone,

I'm looking for a server to fit my needs. Maybe some of you can point me to
the right direction?

What I'm looking for is the ability to push data to subscribed clients
without having to worry about firewall issues. My clients will be written
entirely in java so a nice java friendly message format would be nice. Maybe
even SOAP or some sort of serialization over the http channel. I need a
framework that gives me that rather easily so that I can concentrate on
developing my gaming application as opposed to having to spend my time on
getting push functionality to work with some scalability.

Here is a demo of what I need:
http://www.lightstreamer.com/stockListDemoJava.htm but since I'm working on
an MSc dissertation a commercial product is not an option. Is the
Glassfish/Grissly Comet solutions only geared towards clients written in
javascript?

Regards,
- Bjarki Bjorgulfsson