users@glassfish.java.net

EJB JNDI lookup issues

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 09:03:16 PDT

I have an EJB and I have bound it to a JNDI name using the mapped-name tag in ejb-jar.xml.

I am able to access it from a standalone client on a separate JVM without issues.

However, I'm not able to access it from a webapp deployed in the same glassfish instance as the EJB.

I must be missing something - a client on a separate JVM is able to access the EJB, but a client in the same JVM is not.

The exception I get in the problem case is:

[code]
javax.naming.NamingException: ejb ref resolution error for remote business interface mypackage.MyEJBRemoteInterface
[Root exception is java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not invoke defineClass!]
[/code]
[Message sent by forum member 'keyurva' (keyurva)]