users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Eclipse breaks when GlassFish publishes

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 18:19:06 PDT

vbk:

As I mentioned in my previous post, after I installed Europa, I ran the "software updates -> Find and Install -> Search for updates of the currently installed features". Just like Rochelle, the only updates that came up were for mylyn, which I unchecked, and another for patches, that had some funky URL. I checked this one. This is the only "software update" I have completed with my current install of Eclipse Europa.

Concerning your question about the JDK, are you asking what jre am I running? I have one JDK folder on my machine. It is located at C:\Sun\SDK\jdk. There is a jre folder located in there. I also have a jre folder located at C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0.

I had tried both of these jre's in my TestDynamicWebPJ by completing the following:
Riight click the fish, select "open". Click "Edit". Click "Installed JRE preferences", and in the Preferences dialog that opened up I am able to select the installed JRE's to use. With each one I select as the default jre, I get the same error by GF in the publishing step. I have attached a jpeg image of what I have installed and selected. Please see Installed_JREs.jpg.

I'm sorry but I do not understand what you are looking for when you say "Please include info on the "update" value..."

Just like you I also am running Vista Business. I am encouraged to see that all of this works on this OS and it makes me even more anxious to discover my problem, fix it and get going on learning what I want / need to learn.

Do you think my problem lies in the JDk (jre?) that I am using? Do I need to
download an update? If so can you please provide a link to the update site? Or do you have another idea?

Thanks much for your time
Gary
[Message sent by forum member 'gmarshall56' (gmarshall56)]