users@glassfish.java.net

How to set up Solaris SMF to run under non-root user?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 20:33:17 PDT

Does anyone have a HOWTO an getting SMF to start up Glassfish under a non-root user, but still have access to port 80 and 443?

I'm pretty sure this can be done, but I don't know the details of how to pull it off. Has anyone done this yet and can provide a pointer?

I know you can generate an SMF script from asadmin, but I also need to run GF as a different user than root, while still accessing the restricted ports.
[Message sent by forum member 'whartung' (whartung)]