users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JavaMail datasource with TLS/SSL, username and password

From: Wolfram Rittmeyer <w.rittmeyer_at_jsptutorial.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 23:09:35 +0200

Ryan de Laplante wrote:
> Thanks. The thing is, I'm trying to set up a JavaMail DataSource for
> the Roller 4.0 blog engine. I can't add code. Maybe there are no
> properties I can add to a datasource to make this work, and Roller needs
> to be changed to allow me to specify a username/password?

Hi Ryan,

this seems to be a recurring topic here. Alas there is no solution as of
yet (AFAIK). JavaMail authentication is not yet supported. Peter
Williams mentioned in the following thread that he has started working
on this issue:

I worked around this problem modifying roller's source code - since they
actually also have a JavaMail problem which was mentioned in another
forum thread (though I cannot find the link anymore).

Regards,

Wolfram Rittmeyer